The Prince George’s Cultural Arts Foundation supports the growth and enrichment of Prince Georges County Culture through the development of collaborative platforms and community partnerships that promote music, drama, the fine arts, entertainment, sports, recreation and other activities.
The Prince Georges Cultural Arts Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit volunteer-led, mission- driven organization created exclusively to:
- Promote educational, cultural, recreational and other charitable activities in Prince Georges County, MD for the benefit of the residents of Prince Georges County, MD
- Enhance and strengthen the cultural, educational, charitable, civic and community infrastructure in Prince Georges County, MD
- Promote the cultural arts through music, drama, the fine arts, entertainment, sports, recreation and other charitable activities through education and training
- Provide college scholarships for books, tuition, room and board to deserving college bound students seeking to continue their education at a four year college or university
- Develop and promote the annual Lake Arbor Jazz Festival as community music event for the benefit of the residents of Prince Georges County, MD.
- Pursue public and private grants, donations and contributions, to be recognized by state and local taxing authorities as a tax-exempt organization and to be able to partner with other nonprofit organizations for the benefit the community at large.
Board of Directors
Kevin C. Alexander, Board President
Lisa M. Brown, Board Secretary
Donald Cowan, Treasurer
Lake Arbor Jazz Festival Program Committee
Kevin C. Alexander, Executive Producer
Lisa M. Brown, Supervising Producer
Nadine Cid, Artist Liaison
Charles Drain, Talent/Stage Manager
Eric Liley, Marketing, Advertising, Media Relations
Jerome Parker, Field Operations
Donald Cowan, Beer & Wine Operations
Scholarship Selection Committee
Jacob Andoh – Chairman, Lake Arbor Foundation (LAFI)